Beyond Redline offers a dyno experience like no other. Our Dynojet 424-XLC dynamometer can handle almost vehicle on the road today. Anything from small sports cars to large diesel pickups can be tested with accurate and repeatable results. Customers are able to relax in our waiting area or watch the dyno session in our waiting room complete with a live dyno computer feedback screen.
Dyno tuning provides a safe and consistent environment for calibrating your car’s ignition and fuel system. Using our equipment, we can accurately measure the output of your vehicles engine, make changes, and then test those changes immediately. We highly suggest doing a “baseline” run prior to making changes to your car so that you can have a reference point for comparisons sake. With this established you can quantify gains made due to modifications you make to the engines hardware or computer system.
An alternative that some people use is to “street tune” their vehicle. Usually this is done by driving the vehicle on public roads under various conditions to experiment with their modifications. This method of tuning is not only extremely dangerous but also yields inconsistent results due to the changing conditions. Beyond Redline does not condone or endorse this type of tuning.
Beyond Redline’s state of the art, in ground, all wheel drive, Dynojet dyno is equipped to handle all type of vehicles. It has an adjustable wheel base so we can accommodate any size from compact cars to oversized pickups. The dual eddy current braking system allows the dyno to apply a load to the vehicle to properly simulate real driving conditions.
Horsepower Test: This simple test establishes a baseline for your car. We run the car 3 time up to maximum engine speed and record the results. We monitor your air/fuel ratio and boost if the application supports it. At the end you are given a print out of your chart showing the horsepower and torque curves.
Two Wheel Drive: $85
4/All Wheel Drive: $110
Diesel Truck: $140
Flat Rate Tunes: Our dyno rates vary depending on the type of vehicle or device used for programming. Stock and mildly modified vehicle rates are shown below. Internal engine modifications and / or forced induction tuning rates are higher. Secondary fuel types (Race Gas, Ethonal Blend) will be charged an additional fee.
|Flat Rate Tunes (Single Fuel Type)||Cost|
|Honda (Hondata, Crome, etc)||$450.00 & Up|
|Mitsubishi (ECM Link, Cobb)||$450.00 & Up|
|Subaru (Cobb)||$450.00 & Up|
|OBD II General Motors or 05+ Mustang (HP Tuners)||$450.00 & Up|
|OBD II Ford (SCT)||$450.00 & Up|
|OBD I Mustang||$450.00 & Up|
Tuning By the Hour: If your application doesn’t fit any of the above categories or you’re working on a completely custom project we offer the dyno on a time and materials basis. The below rates vary depending on what type of application you have.
Carbureted applications: $250 / hr
Advanced EMS Tuning: $250 / hr
DIY Tuing: $200/ hr plus a $50 load / unload fee
The dyno is also available for group and long term rates. Please inquire with our staff at 920-498-1223
Beyond Redline has all the tools needed to custom tune your vehicle. We offer the ability to program a large variety of OEM and aftermarket engine management systems as well as carburetors.
Carburetor brands: Edelbrock, Holley, Demon, Quick Fuel, some O.E.M. applications
OEM ECU Tuning available for: Acura, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jeep, Lexus, Mazda, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Pontiac, Porsche, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen. (Note: not all models from these brands are supported)
Aftermarket engine management systems: HP Tuners, SCT Tuning, Apexi, Electromotive, AEM, Haltech, Tactrix, Hondata, Cobb Tuning, ECM Tuning, F.A.S.T, Holley.
Proper preparation for your dyno appointment is critical to having a productive dyno session. Most sessions for properly prepared vehicles are between 2 and 3 hours. However if you don’t do these few things prior to your arrival it can take twice as long and end up costing extra due to the additional time required. As a general rule the more modified the vehicle the more time needs to be spent ensuring everything is working properly.
- Check all engine fluid levels and make sure there are no leaks present
- Ensure your drivetrain is in good working condition. This includes wheel bearings, suspension bushings, shocks/struts, and driveline fasteners.
- Make sure you’re running the kind of fuel you want the car tuned on. If you plan to tune on two kinds of fuel, make sure you have approximately 1/2 tank of the first fuel in the car.
- Know which gear you want the dyno runs made within.
- Make sure to make note of and let the dyno operator know about anything different about how your car works. (switches for cooling fans, methanol injection systems, boost controllers etc.)
- Ensure all wiring is neat, tidy, properly grounded and protected from heat
For Turbo or Supercharged Vehicles
- Perform a boost leak test and fix all leaks prior to your appointment. Boost control tuning and in some cases fuel tuning will NOT be accurate if performed with a boost leak. No one thinks they have a boost leak, everyone always does. There will be an additional charge if this needs to be performed during the dyno session.
- Ensure fuel pressure is set, locked and recorded.
- Ensure boost control and waste-gate lines are properly routed. If you don’t know if they are, ask and we can assist you.
- Ensure turbo and exhaust components are tight and properly fastened. Exhaust leaks can lead to false air/fuel readings and cause issues with tuning.
- Ensure your ignition and fuel system can support the amount of boost you plan to run. Bring any extra parts you might need such as replacement spark plugs.
Special Notes Regarding Stand Alone Engine Management Systems
- If your vehicle has never been tuned or doesn’t run upon its arrival make sure to let us know when you schedule your appointment.
- If your vehicle is heavily modified and you have specific power goals we suggest having a pre-dyno consultation with the tuner to discuss things. All dynos read and report data differently. During this consultation we can share what our results have been with similar vehicles and get important information about the specific parts you used in your car.
There are a variety of ways that performance ecu tuning can be approached. Some tuners choose to focus on wide open throttle and maximum performance. Although this may lead to the highest dyno measured output, it can come at the expense of reliability and drivability. Beyond Redline takes a different approach to this. We focus on all aspects of the tune to ensure the end result keeps customer’s satisfied for many miles to come. This means providing a product that allows for excellent performance, OEM driving characteristics, and long term reliability. It is these three elements that make a Beyond Redline tune the best option for your car.
1220 Winford Ave
Green Bay, WI 54303
920-498-1223 or 1-888-498-1223 email@example.com